1. Vacation – It allows the bride and groom to travel to a beautiful destination with their loved ones. Cabo offers both all-inclusive and traditional style resorts at all price points making it affordable for you and your guests.
2. Non traditional – It breaks the typical wedding mold. Normally guests arrive to the wedding, they celebrate in the ceremony, eat, drink and dance…. then they are off. The bride and groom tend to barely get to see guests nor get in quality time with them. Destination weddings offers up a lot more….imagine running in to guests at breakfast, then hang out with guests by the pool then organize a casual group dinner in town somewhere. You tend to get 3-5 days of pure quality time in with your guests and it makes your wedding memories that much more memorable for the bride and groom as well as their families.
3. Less Stress – You still have to plan a wedding but as a wedding planner, I can tell you that couples whom decide on a destination wedding already tend to be more laid back and tend to be less stressed through out the process. Couples realize that when coming to Cabo you are not only away from home hosting an event but you are in another culture and country. Things may happen and if they do, you just have to “let go.”
4. Guests list is shorter – We are sure that you want all 500 of your best friends to come to the wedding right? Reality is that your guests will try their hardest to get to Cabo for your wedding, whom doesn’t want to come to Cabo?….but as wedding coordinators, we find that you get around 50% of your invited guests to Cabo. It is a vacation after all and people have limited vacation time, it costs more of course and if your friends have kids that always makes it more difficult for them to travel to your event.
5. Grooms tend to be more involved – This goes back to your destination wedding not being a typical wedding. Grooms tend to enjoy helping with destination wedding’s. In Cabo we find they are organizing golf, dinner outings, boat cruises, etc. I think since it is a long weekend affair, they get more excited about all the events surrounding the big day.
6. Fly to Cabo – Cabo offers many direct flights from cities such as Los Angeles, Chicago, New York, Atlanta, Dallas, Houston, Phoenix, Las Vegas, San Diego, Denver, San Francisco, Orange County & Seattle making it easy for you and your guests to get to Cabo in a short amount of time.
7. Wedding location – Cabo offers stunning villas, beach locations, beach front resorts, boutique hotels, chapels and event centers to host your big day. Wedding location options are endless!
8. Wedding vendors- Wedding vendors in Cabo are proving themselves time and time again as being top notch at what they do. From photographers, DJs, entertainers, caterers, resort staff, hair & make-up, etc you will find a vendor in Cabo that is highly respected and will exceed your expectations.
9. Activities – Cabo offers so many activities for you and your guests to enjoy. I find that people do not think they got to see and do all that they wanted to. ATVs, boat cruises, wave runners, glass bottom boats, camel rides, horse back riding, sky diving, zip lining, stand up paddling, golf, spa treatments, parasailing, banana boats, kite boarding and surfing…..the list just goes on and on! When considering if Cabo is the right destination for you, just know that Cabo continues to rank as one of the top wedding destinations in the world and for good reason. It truly is paradise and whom doesn’t want to get married in paradise!